- Ask for a copy of your personal information
- Ask for personal information to be corrected or updated
- Ask to remove your personal information from our records
- The type of information TXTOmedia collects from you and what this information is used for.
- How this information is protected.
The information TXTOmedia collects
When you access TXTOmedia websites, some information is automatically collected as specified below. No other information is collected through the TXTOmedia websites unless you deliberately decide to send it to us (e.g., by submitting a completed contact form), which is also specified below.
- “Automatically Collected Information” means the following categories and specific information:
- “Client Information”: the Internet domain, registered company (if applicable), GeoIP information, and IP address of the computer you are using.
- “Essential Technical Information”: identification of the page or service you are requesting, type of browser and operating system you are using; and the date and time of access.
“Optional Information” includes the following information:
- When responding to online forms or other questions or comment in a blog: any information entered into these forms, questions or blog comment fields.
- When you register an account on the TXTOmedia websites: your name, e-mail address, and any additional information you provide as part of your registration.
This is all classified as personal information under applicable privacy and data protection laws. When you purchase a product or service, TXTOmedia may collect credit card information for invoicing purposes. This information is processed on behalf of TXTOmedia by a third party payment services provider. That provider and TXTOmedia use security techniques, including encryption and secure servers to protect you against unauthorized access.
What the information is used for
TXTOmedia uses the information to provide, maintain, protect and improve the services it provides. We use this information to provide you with content tailored to your specific needs. When you contact TXTOmedia, we may keep a record of your communication to help resolve any issues that you may have. We may use your email address that you provide to inform you about our services but we will only do this if you consent to receiving updated information about our services.
TXTOmedia also uses information collected from cookies and other technologies such as Google Analytics to improve your user experience and the general quality of our services. The collected information is used to learn about the usage patterns of visitors to our websites and online services by collecting information about which individual webpages were visited, how long users visited the website, which websites referred the most visitors, general geographic location of visitors and other similar anonymous statistics. This data is used to deliver customized content and advertising within TXTOmedia websites to visitors whose behavior indicates that they are interested in a particular subject area.
In order to distinguish one visit from another, Google Analytics may create several tracking cookies on a visitor’s computer which will expire after two years have passed since the initial visit.
TXTOmedia offers hosted services for customers, which means TXTOmedia stores information on behalf of their customers. TXTOmedia has the role of the processor of the information, where our customer has the role of the controller of the information.
How TXTOmedia protects your information
TXTOmedia strives to protect your personal information to the highest level, for example by encrypting sensitive data using SSL. TXTOmedia reviews the information it collects, stores and processes and implements physical security measures to guard against unauthorized access to systems.
TXTOmedia restricts your personal information provided to its employees, contractors and agents who have a need to know that information in order to process it for TXTOmedia. Each employee, contractors or agent contractually obligated by TXTOmedia to keep the information received strictly confidential and will face severe penalties if they breach this obligation.
Last updated: January 2018
A cookie is a small file, typically of letters and numbers, downloaded on to a device (computer or mobile phone) when you access certain TXTOmedia websites. Cookies enable TXTOmedia to recognize what your preferences are and store them which effectively saves you time from repeatedly reentering the same information.
The cookies on our Web site are there to provide you with more relevant information and to give you a much better and valuable experience when you browse our Web site and also help us to improve our site. Please note that the cookies do not in any way reveal any personal information about you such as your identity.
All Web sites which operate across certain parts of the European Union by law must obtain consent from users in using or storing cookies on their computers or mobile devices.
- ASP.NET Session/Authentication – This Session ID is part of a cookie that is sent to your browser by ASP.net. It creates an authentication ticket for the supplied name and adds it to the cookies collection An Authentication ticket is created when you log on to a site and it tracks you throughout the site. The Information that you fill in are passed to the server and validated against a user store handled by a membership provider. TXTOmedia will not supply any of your data to form an authentication ticket. The authentication ticket is encrypted ASP.NET and then stored in cookie.
- Profile- This application is more for protected content. This stores your data in the following TXTOmedia Database: Active Directory, TXTOmedia Web database and passing data to Salesforce. This works when you open as protected content, where you complete a form. The data filled by you will be passed to the mentioned storage. After this data is submitted, it creates a cookie with name “TXTOSessiondKey” and randomly generates a GUID value(Globally Unique Identifier)
- TXTOmedia also uses external cookies for third parties such as Google Analytics to improve your experience on our Web Site
Types of Cookies used by TXTOmedia
We use Session cookies, Persistent Cookies and First and Third Party Cookies.
Session cookies-These allow websites to link the actions of a user during a browser session. They may be used for a variety of purposes such as remembering what a user has put in their shopping basket as they browse around a site. They can be used for security when a user is accessing internet banking or to facilitate use of webmail. These session cookies expire after a browser session so would not be stored longer term. For this reason session cookies may sometimes be considered less privacy intrusive than persistent cookies
Persistent Cookies– These are stored on a user’s device in between browser sessions which allows the preferences or actions of the user across a site (or in some cases across different websites) to be remembered. Persistent cookies may be used for a variety of purposes including remembering users preferences and choices when using a site or to target advertising
First and third Party Cookies-First Party cookies basically are cookies set by a website visited by the user of the website that will be displayed in the URL window. Third Party cookies are cookies that are set by a domain other than the one being visited by the user. This means that if you visit TXTOmedia’s website and a separate company has set a cookie through our website, then this will be considered a third party cookie
For more information about Cookies please go to the following website:
Types of Analytics Cookies used by TXTOmedia
We use analytics tools and other third party technologies, such as Google Analytics, to collect non-personal information in the form of various usage and user metrics when you use our online Sites and/or Services. These tools and technologies collect and analyze certain types of information, including cookies, IP addresses, device and software identifiers, referring and exit URLs, onsite behavior and usage information, feature use metrics and statistics, usage and purchase history, MAC Address, mobile unique device ID, and other similar information.
The third party analytics companies who collect information on our Sites and/or Services and other online products and/or services may combine the information collected with other information they have independently collected from other websites and/or other online or mobile products and services relating to your activities across their network of websites as well as online and/or mobile products and services. Many of these companies collect and use information under their own privacy policies.
In addition to our use of technologies as described herein, we may permit certain third party companies to help us tailor advertising that we think may be of interest to you based on your use of TXTOmedia Sites and/or Services and to otherwise collect and use data about your use of TXTOmedia Sites and/or Services. For more information about this practice, please see the “Third Party Advertising Technologies” section below.
Managing the use of your cookies
You are not obliged to accept cookies and you may modify your browser so that it will not accept cookies. The browser you use to surf the web not only allows you to see the cookies that you have got but also allows you to control their use.
You can control the cookies by having them on your browser, deleting them individually or deleting all of them. You can also set your browser not to accept any cookies. If this option is selected, you should be aware that many websites will not function properly or at all. It may be possible to set your browser, not accept cookies and instead ask for your consent to be given before each cookie is set on your device. This gives you control over what is set on your device. Please be aware that in doing this, it may slow down your browser experience. There are different levels of control in using your cookies. You will be able to prevent only third party cookies being deployed, effectively opting out of behavioral advertising or allowing you to block specific companies that you do not wish to deploy a cookie.
In order to manage and control your cookies, please select your browser from the list below and follow the instructions: